Anatomical and instruments limits of root canal treatment
Mechanical instrumentation represents a crucial step in the control of intracanal microbial infection for successful root canal treatment.
However, the complexity of root canal anatomy and the different mechanical properties and/or way to use of Nickel – Titanium (NiTi) instruments lead the dentists to change their clinical approach on the shaping procedures. Therefore, different instrumentations and different shaping aims will apply by the dentist depending on the clinical cases.
The conference will address the anatomical and instrumental limits to be evaluated following a clinical approach based on current scientific evidence.
Moreover, the often oval anatomy of the root canal is challenging, with todays tools and techniques, which are designed to work ideally in circular ducts. Consequently some changes in operational techniques and / or endodontic instruments must be carried out during the shaping and disinfection of the endodontic system.
Indeed, modern endodontic treatment needs to improve: disinfection of root canals mechanically, chemically and physically while maintaining original anatomy and avoiding iatrogenic errors; the
Dr. Eugenio Pedullà
- Graduated with honors in Dentistry at the University of Catania in 2003, he obtained his Ph.D. at the same university in 2007 and Master’s Degree at the University «La Sapienza» of Rome in 2008.
- Dr. Pedullà was Research Fellow at the University of Catania on the topic: «The corrosion of nickel-titanium endodontic instruments» from 2009 to 2014.
- He is currently Researcher and Professor in Dentistry at the University of Catania where he is Clinical Instructor of Operative dentistry and Endodontics.
- Dr. Pedullà is active member of the Italian Academy of Endodontics (AIE) and Italian Society Of Conservative Dentistry (SIDOC); member of the Endodontic Italian Society (SIE), International Member of American Association of Endodontists (AAE) and European Society of Endodontology (ESE).
- Dr. Pedullà is author of international (Journal of Endodontics, International Endodontic Journal etc ..) and national (Dental Cadmos, Italian Journal of Endodontics) publications on nickel-titanium instruments and endodontics.
- He is speaker at national and international conferences.
- Dr. Pedullà has won the Garberoglio award of the Italian Endodontic Society (SIE) as the bestItalian Original Research in 2014.
- Moreover, Dr. Pedullà acts as private practitioner in Catania practicing especially Endodontics and Operative Dentistry.